Friday, October 16, 2015

The Countdown is on! 10 days to go...

I can't believe that I have less than 10 days to go until my surgery! Still doesn't feel very real to me. I have been doing a lot of cleaning and reorganizing things before the big day. I worked on the pantry a few days ago and took a quick inventory to figure out what I need to buy at the grocery store. If no one knew how old I was, they would think my grocery list was for a 75 year old grandma.

I made some sweet potatoes and blended them down to a puree. Our freezer is starting to look pretty sad filled with all the soft food. Tons of applesauce, butternut squash soup, sweet potatoes, ice cream, and frozen fruit to make smoothies. I am also planning to freeze a puree carrot soup. Probably do that Sunday evening.

My freezer! And it's not done yet. So sad!


My final pre-op appointment is on Tuesday which I have off. I will ask all the questions I have left and hopefully get answers. Then Wednesday morning I have my last dental cleaning. Hopefully they'll be able to clean around all the hooks and wires I have. But anything is better than nothing I suppose.

I asked a bunch of coworkers what last meal they would choose if they had to have jaw surgery and most of them said either steak or ribs. Another person said buffalo chicken. If anyone has any suggestions for things I should eat before my surgery, please comment below! I'd love to hear everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment