Saturday, October 31, 2015

Recovery Day 5

Ok, I think the worst is behind me. Hallelujah! I don't think I could survive another night like I had from Day 3 to Day 4. Today has been the best day so far. I haven't taken any pain narcotics in the past 24 hours and I feel OK. I've been taking tylenol instead and it seems to do the trick. I don't really like how I feel on the narcotics, it makes me very queasy. But since I've been off the liquid narcotic pain killer for a full day, I can feel my body starting to go back to the way it was before but very slowly. I only wish the tylenol could taste better.

I have begun to start bruising. It's not anything super hideous but there's this yellowish greenish hue on the right side of my face. The one thing that is still bothering me is the nasal swelling. It was definitely the one thing I did not expect. And it's very bizarre to have feeling in some parts of my face and none in others. I've been alternating with an ice wrap that I have but sometimes feel like it's choking me.

So, I have 4 elastics holding my jaws together. 2 in the front and one on each side. One of my elastics broke this morning so I had my first elastic change today. It wasn't bad at all! I had to wear an elastic before so it wasn't completely foreign to me.

I had my first bowel movement since surgery! TMI? Oh well, I was excited when it happened since that's a good indication of healing.

I'm glad I made the decision to not watch the newest season of project runway and to keep it in the dvr until now. It's been a good show to watch on binge and if I pass out and miss stuff, oh well. Not a big deal.

I really really really REALLY want to blow my nose. And I can't for another 3-4 weeks. ;( The countdown is on! Today is Halloween and I won't be able to eat any halloween candy! Oh well, hope everyone has a fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment