Sunday, November 1, 2015

Recovery Day 6

The days keep getting better and better. Thankfully, I think its safe to say that the worst is definitely over. Man, they weren't kidding when they said the first week was going to be tough. Definitely the hardest thing I've had to do so far.

I finally took my first full shower which felt amazing. I've been taking showers since coming home but I was given strict instructions to not get my facial stitches wet so I've been avoiding washing above the neck. Well, my hair was so nasty I just couldn't take it anymore and decided I needed to wash my hair or else I would go insane. Don helped me by covering up my exposed stitches with a makeshift pad and then he helped me to wash my hair (what a guy!). Don also attempted to dry my hair with the blow dryer which was an utter failure. It was cute that he tried but it was by far an epic fail. If we ever have girls when we have kids, we know who's going to be doing their hair, hahaha. I was able to dry my hair myself if I sat down which worked perfectly fine. Now that I know he's sorta competent in hair washing, he'll have to help me again to wash my hair on Tuesday before my first post-op appointment. 
I also sorta figured out how to drink from a cup without completely soaking myself today so I'm going to count today as a success. 

I haven't had much pain, just discomfort from being swollen. My swelling goes up as far as my upper cheekbones so my eyes are partially numb? Trust me, it sounds as weird as it feels. The only other thing that bothers me are the stitches I have on each side. They are starting to get itchy so I'm hoping that those will be removed on Tuesday.

Today, I spent most of the day watching football which is very nice. I've been so busy that today was the first day I actually was able to sit down and just watch as much football as I wanted. I'm probably going to lose this week fantasy-wise but I don't really care at this point.
EDIT: I totally forgot to add that I went on a walk this morning! Don and I have our dog bailey and I felt good enough to walk around the block this morning. I didn't hold the leash because I'm not allowed to yet but I was able to be the poop-carrier which was better than sitting on the couch doing nothing. The fresh air really helped a lot so hopefully I'm going to go on as many walks as I feel up to from now on!

Don took some photos of me post-shower today so here they are! It's amazing how different I looked before I took a shower. I looked so much worse and it showed quite a bit. I seem to be in better spirits today though so I'm just happy to be done with the worst part of recovery. 

Side profile - That little mark near my ear are the 2 stitches I have. Very swollen cheeks and I have a chin!

This is my natural look. Yea... I look like I'm on narcotics but I'm in fact not! 

And this is me attempting to smile. Unfortunately I look more like sloth from the Goonies than myself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment