Sunday, November 15, 2015

Recovery Day 20

Today, Don and I went to brunch at a friend's house. Breakfast is the easiest meal for me to eat even though eating still takes forever. My jaw can only open up a little less than half an inch which is not large enough to eat anything solid like a normal person. We had a breakfast egg scramble, some hash browns, fruit (which I couldn't eat unfortunately), and cinnamon buns. The cinnamon buns were a little hard but I wasn't going to not try at least part of them. I cut one in half and shared it with another friend. It took forever but was delicious and worth it. (Thanks Meaghan and Jim for hosting and cooking!)
After brunch and food, we spent the rest of the morning playing some board games which was a lot of fun. I haven't played any games in awhile (even before my surgery, too much to do and to plan) so it was nice and relaxing. We played two new games that were easy for me to play with my limited jaw ability. We played a game called Concept which is like charades for lazy people. It was nice because I didn't have to talk much. The other game we played was called Slash. It's like a dating game with non-fictional and fictional characters. I laughed so much and smiled a lot that my jaw got a pretty good workout today. Smiling and laughing causes my stitches to stretch which is slightly uncomfortable 

Earlier today, everything felt like it has for the past couple days. However, after dinner tonight, I washed out my mouth and felt something strange. A few tingles and suddenly the right half of my upper lip has slight feeling in it! Hell yea! I can also sorta twitch my nose but that also bothers my stitches in my upper lip. The right side of my face is definitely more active than the left side which apparently makes me look even more like a stroke patient than before. I just have to be patient. The other side will wake up eventually. 

Recently, I've been experiencing weird dizzy spells. Like, usually at least 1-2 a day. When I have one, I usually sit down and drink a whole cup of water but they still freak me out a little. I might be overdoing it so I'm going to talk to my surgeon about it on Tuesday when I see him for my second post-op. If I keep having these, not sure if I'll be able to go back to work as early as I'd like. We shall see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment