Monday, November 2, 2015

Recovery 1 week! I've made it!

This update is going to be a little short mostly because I'm tired and there isn't much to report. I do have my post op appointment tomorrow morning so there's that too look forward to.
Things are just getting better and better. I can't believe how hard this first week was. It's unreal how difficult the first 4 days were.
I've begun to start changing out the elastics myself which is a little terrifying and exciting at the same time. They get stained pretty badly and looking at them in the mirror after eating with them in all day grosses me out. I haven't been able to change out the back ones yet so hopefully Dr Keith will be able to help me out there tomorrow.
I hardly took any drugs today! Just used the nasal sprays and that's it! I can't stand the taste of the Tylenol so I have decided to forgo it. Maybe Dr Keith will allow me to switch back to ibuprofen tomorrow, doubtful but maybe.
Still looking like a chipmunk haha but swelling is definitely going down, just very slowly.
I discovered this evening that my whole face is sorta peeling? Not painfully, just like the dead skin after a sunburn which is weird. I haven't been washing my face in the shower because I can't get my stitches wet but I have been using facial cleansing wipes instead. Maybe they just don't do the same job as me in the shower. Can't wait to get these stitches out and I can shower using my regular routine again.
Went on another walk this morning with don and Bailey. The fresh air felt nice but I couldn't tell if my face was legit cold or numb due to the surgery. Also, I think I spent the whole walk with drool down my face so I'm glad we didn't run into anyone in our neighborhood.
I did also sleep through the night last night and was able to drink exclusively out of a cup today which was great. I only spilled on myself a little bit which was great.
I finally weighed myself this morning and was shocked, already lost 10 pounds. I couldn't believe that it came off this fast. You can't really tell though since my face is like a balloon. I'm not a super small girl in the first place so the ten pounds was easy for me lose. Hopefully I can keep the weight off permanently.
Anyway, here are the pics! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment