Friday, April 29, 2016

ENT surgery recovery day 1

Today was kinda crappy. I knew the 1st 24 hours of recovery would be so I'm not super surprised. This recovery has been different than my previous surgeries which is weird.

My nose has been steadily dripping blood all day. This is normal and extremely gross. One nostril is all but done, the other one is still going strong. I've had to breathe out of my mouth which is so foreign to me. Since all my previous surgeries have had to do with my jaw and mouth, I've been forced to mostly breathe through my nose.

I've spent most of day 1 of recovery either sleeping or watching snippets of TV. My eyes have been a little sensitive. They've been watering constantly. I can't wear my glasses for long amounts of time either because the bridge of my nose is swollen.

Took a shower this afternoon and it felt really good. I have marks on my arm from the blood pressure cuff at the hospital.  And the arm where my IV was is good, no bruising yet.

I plan on trying to go for a walk tomorrow with Don and the puppy.

I had scrambled eggs this morning and they were fantastic! Thanks don for making them and taking care of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment