Monday, April 18, 2016

I'm ready to floss like a normal person! 30 days until debanding!

It's only been a few days since my last update instead of a month, haha! Trying to get better at this.

Today is one of my favorite days, marathon monday! I usually work on this day because it's such a fun day to work. The hospital has a pretty low census due to the road restrictions (my work is along the marathon route) so it's usually a pretty chill day. They always have a bbq and there are lots of areas to sit and watch the runners. Unfortunately, I have the day off so I'm here sitting on my couch watching the marathon coverage on tv. Today is going to be a beautiful day so good luck to all the runners out there!

My appointment on Friday went well. I had scrubs on because I had to go to work after my appointment and Dr. Klein was so surprised. She said she knew I worked at the hospital but had never seen me wear scrubs before! The appointment was super quick, they didn't even switch out my wire, just changed out my A-chains. My next and last braces appointment is probably going to be long. Debanding, photos, models and retainers all can take some time. We talked a bit about what happens after my braces come off. I'll be seen after 6 months and then after that I'll be seen yearly on my surgical anniversary. If I have issues with my retainers, I can go any time to have them looked at but for the most part, I'll be on my own. She also mentioned seeing a prosthodontist and potentially about getting veneers. I nodded and listened but honestly, I'm just ready to get on with my life. I know my teeth are important but I just need a few months where I'm not hemorrhaging money on my teeth. I don't think it'll destroy my teeth if I wait on veneers for awhile.

I just want to bask in the glory of being able to floss my teeth like a normal person!

Something that slightly annoyed me is how many people commented on how I need to get my teeth cleaned. Dr Klein asked if I had already made an appointment for a teeth cleaning. I told her I was waiting until after my braces came off and she said that was perfect. But every single technician made a comment about how I should "think about" getting my teeth cleaned within the next couple weeks. Why would I get my teeth cleaned if my braces are coming off in less than 4 weeks? I'm sure if I spoke to my dental hygienist she would recommend that I wait so that way she can do the most thorough cleaning she could. If I got a cleaning now, all it would do would cost me more money since I'd have to go back after my braces were off and get another cleaning anyway. Ugh, it just irritated me because I felt like I was repeating myself constantly.

I'm about 10 days out from my next surgery and I'm actually ok. I haven't been sleeping well recently and I think it's due to my deviated septum and the uptick in environmental allergies going on. I've been waking up in the middle of the night because I can't really breathe. I'm a stomach sleeper so I usually find myself waking up on the side with the deviated septum. I'm looking forward to getting that fixed and being able to get a better night's sleep.

Not sure if I'll have time to post again before my surgery but I'll have some free time once I get out of surgery... again, hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment