Monday, May 9, 2016

ENT Recovery - Day 11

It's been a few days since my last update but I've been a little busy. On Friday, I went to get cleared to return to work through the Occupational Health department. At the time, my nose was still dripping quite frequently. After looking at me and talking to me, the nurse decided to not sign off on my paperwork until Monday. I had a feeling this would happen. It's not really sanitary if I'm holding onto a tissue constantly and rubbing at my leaking nose every 5 seconds. Over the weekend, my draining slowly decreased so that I'm only using a tissue every 20 minutes or so instead of every 5 seconds so that's a great improvement. I'm supposed to call Occupational Health today and if she's satisfied with my answers, then I'll return to work tomorrow.

Nose is feeling a lot better. Since I've been able to blow my nose gently I've felt a lot better. It still feels like I have a cold but it's much more manageable. My nose isn't as sensitive anymore either. It's still sore but I can touch it and sorta move it without intense pain which is great!

After thinking about all the surgeries I've had to date, I can safely say that this one was the hardest. With my jaw surgeries, my jaws and face were numb or partially numb for the most part. I think that made the entire recovery experience easier. This time around, I was in a lot more pain which I was not expecting. Also, this surgery was gross. Blood and snot dripping from my nose and eyes that refused to stop watering made the last 10 days miserable. At least with my jaw surgeries, I could watch tv and relax but this time I couldn't. Most days I could barely wear my glasses. And I was afraid to wear contacts because I wasn't sure if my eyes were watering from pressure from my glasses resting on the bridge of my nose OR if it was the splints inside my nose. If it was the splints (which I'm almost positive it was), then my eyes were going to water whether or not I wore my glasses. The watery eyes made it impossible to watch anything on tv so it was quite a boring and uneventful recovery.

Since the splints came out, I've been much better. My husband and I went and saw Captain America Civil War which was awesome. We also spent some time with my family for mother's day weekend which was nice. We also played some video games with my niece and nephew. All in all, a great couple of days. I'm looking forward to getting back to work and getting back into the swing of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment