Friday, June 20, 2014

SARPE post surgery - recovery day 1

Hey all, so here I am roughly 10 hours into my surgery recovery. Surgery went very well (at least that's what I was told). I am pretty swollen and sore, especially on my right side. I'm a little numb around my right cheek and my nose. But all the doctors and nurses were very impressed because I had practically no bleeding. I guess this type of surgery may have a significant amount of bleeding just because it's in the mouth. But so far so good! I actually feel Ok, kinda hungry.
I've been put on a clear liquid diet for the next 36 hours which totally sucks. I'm basically limited to chicken broth and water with gaterade and apple juice. Depending on how I feel, I might try some apple sauce tonight,  maybe that will help to fill me up. I know that's not a clear liquid but I don't care. Lol. I should be able to eat a more blender based diet on Saturday night which I'm looking forward to. Milk shakes, yogurt, ice cream, and the mashed potatoes I made are all looking pretty awesome right now.

I want to go into more detail about my 2nd surgery experience but right now I'm very tired. Just wanted to write here that everything went well and that I'm starting to recover. Hopefully I'll be able to write a more in depth account of the actual surgery later today if I'm feeling up for it.

Here's a picture of me just out of surgery,  feel free to look away cause I'm sure it's not pretty by any means.

4 hours after surgery in the post op area.  I'm trying to smile but my face muscles are still really sleepy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment