Saturday, December 5, 2015

I forgot what pain felt like...

Holy shit. I knew that getting the wires replaced would make me a little sore but I had no idea that it would be like this! I'm definitely in quite a bit of pain. I went out for a girl's evening with my sister and niece and by the time I got home, my mouth was just SO sore. I ended up going to bed as soon as I got home. Don was good enough to give me some ibuprofen and tuck me into bed.

My right side seems to be affected a little bit more and that is the side that has been slower in healing. Sometimes, it feels like I have a wad of gauze in my cheek.

Even though I'm sore now, I'm really glad I pushed my appointment up. My family and I are going to a cousin's wedding next Saturday and I can't imagine that I'd be up to dancing, eating and chatting with friends and other family. So, I'm glad I got it over with so that I can get accustomed to these elastics.

Advice: Take ibuprofen/tylenol before 1st orthodontist appointment after surgery. Take it throughout the day so that it's fully in your system before your appointment. I just took some right before my appointment and it really didn't cut it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment