Monday, June 15, 2015

It's Official! Really official!

So there's good news and there's bad news.

The good news! Today I got confirmation that my surgery will be 100% covered by my insurance. I was told previously that it would be covered but having the proof is just a great relief. I definitely couldn't afford this surgery if my insurance wouldn't cover most of it.

For all you medically inclined folks out there reading this blog (aka nurses, doctors, medical staff), I have been approved for a Le Fort 1 and Saggital Split operation.

For those not medically inclined, it means that I am having both my upper and lower jaws moved into the optimal position (aka double jaw surgery).

Now, for the bad news. BCBS won't cover any type of genioplasty because it's considered "cosmetic." Gosh darn, I really wanted a new chin! Hahahaha! I've been told that after my surgery, my chin might not be as pronounced as it is now. I saw some digital mock ups of what I could look like with a chin implant and I decided that it just wasn't for me. LOL.

Time to make some appointments! But first, a photo!

Me and my approval letter!
Also, this is what I will look like in the future with no chin. HAHAHA. Nailed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment