Wednesday, August 13, 2014

No more key for me and a question!

I had my orthodontist appointment this morning and I can gladly report that I am DONE with cranking PEA 2.0! Hurrah! Dr. Klein is confident that she has enough space to move all my teeth around which is wonderful! For now I just play the waiting game.
My next orthodontist appointment is Halloween and I won't be having any work done that visit. It's basically just a check up to make sure everything is going good with my bottom teeth and bottom braces. Dr. Klein will be on maternity leave during this time so it's great I'll only have to see someone different once. After that, it's another 6 weeks and Dr. Klein should hopefully be back by then. She was so super sweet and gave me her email and told me to email if I had any questions while she is gone. She's just an awesome lady.
We talked briefly about what happens when she comes back and it's looking like I'll get top braces on in December. This is exciting because when the top braces are put on, I'll be that much closer to scheduling my next and final surgery. Apparently, once the uppers are on, straightening them should be very quick. Since there's a lot of room now, she won't have to squeeze the teeth into alignment. They'll all just kinda fall into place. And I guess the upper teeth could be straight in as little as 4-6 weeks!
She also mentioned something about leaving PEA 2.0 in until January (;_;). I kinda gave her the sad face and told her that I had hoped to have PEA 2.0 removed before my birthday and Christmas. She told me that getting it removed a few weeks early shouldn't be an issue (^_^) but that she'll evaluate me in December and make the decision then. If all looks good, then I'll have it removed. If not, it'll stay in until she says so. Basically, I was told it shouldn't be a problem but to not get upset if things change. I can respect that so I'm cautiously optimistic. I'd rather deal with food getting stuck in my braces than having food stuck in the back of my throat.
A question for people out there reading this blog: does anyone have the nutri-bullet? I've been contemplating getting one for myself, especially since I know I will be using it next year after my surgery. I've read reviews online but most of them are very vague ("It works great!" just doesn't cut it for me) and  I want details! Did you buy yours in store or online through a retailer (like amazon)? I have a ninja blender but it is just a little TOO big, especially if I'm the only one using it. I really want something I can use on-the-go and with easy clean-up. Is there something else out there that you recommend instead of the nutri-bullet? I really want to use it for making smoothies and blending small quantities of fruits/veggies. Let me know here in the comments section or on facebook! I'm very curious!

Unless I have another braces malfunction, I'll probably keep the posts down to a minimum until Halloween. The hubby and I are super busy starting in September so I probably won't have time to post much anyway (weddings/vacations/more weddings/family gatherings/etc) until Halloween. I do have another dental cleaning coming up in a week or two so I will probably post again after that. Don't forget to let me know about that nutri-bullet if you know anything about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment