Friday, May 23, 2014

Spacer dilemma Part 2

Well, I went back to the orthodontist to see if they could replace the spacer that fell out. Apparently, it's not that easy. Typically, they'll replace the spacer and have no issues. However, the reason my spacer fell out is because it did its job and a little too well! There's now a pretty large space where the spacer used to be. If they try to put another spacer in, it'll just fall out again.
This time, they put a thicker spacer in its place and it was such a BITCH. God it hurt so bad after they placed it. They warned me that it could fall out again though. If it does fall out again, my orthodontist told me to not worry about it. So long as it stays in for a few days, everything should be fine. I was just worried about loosing the space and then having an issue when they go to put the appliance in on the 4th. If the appliance doesn't fit when I go on the 4th due to a spacer malfunction, I'll be really upset. But I'll trust Dr. Klein! She knows best so I'll try not to worry...too much!

EDIT (May 26th, 2014 @ 7pm)
The spacer just fell out again!! Darn thing! I hope it's been in for long enough to do what it needed to! I can't wait until the 4th to get all these stupid spacers out cause they are really irrating me!

No comments:

Post a Comment