Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Day 1 - Getting Bottom Braces put on

Well, today was the day that I got braces... sorta. A small hiccup at the dentist's office yesterday is the reason why I have to wait 2 more weeks for the top braces to be put on. I have a couple cavities that the orthodontist wanted filled before the top braces went on. But that's ok, not a big deal. It'll give me time to get used to the bottom braces that I had put on this morning. Neither the brackets or the wire hurt. What hurts the most is the spacers I had placed for the back molars. God, those elastics are such a bitch! I was told to try and do all my chewing on my back teeth. However, the teeth are really sensitive now so I could barely eat any of the dinner I made tonight. Bummer. This will probably happen fairly often from now on. Le sigh.

Also, apparently, getting colored O rings (the little rubber bands that hold the wire to the bracket) is no longer cool anymore. The technician automatically put grey bands on my teeth. I asked for colored O bands and she seemed surprised that I had even asked. She told me that they were thinking about not ordering the colored ones because no one really uses them anymore. Not even kids! Last time I had braces, I had all the colors! But she told me that she'd redo the bands if I wanted colored ones. I figure that I might as well have some fun with it! I got pink for Valentines Day HAHA. I think next time I'll either get purple or teal. Depending on what they have. Hopefully they don't stop ordering the colored ones because I want to have fun with this stupid braces thing.

Here is the first of many photos.

Day 1 - Getting Bottom braces on (pink)




No comments:

Post a Comment