Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Mistake

I made a big mistake recently. I was told by my orthodontist that I would be fitted for a surgical wire sometime in the near future. I was curious and decided to Google my way through finding out what exactly an orthognathic surgical wire was.

HUGE MISTAKE. BIG.

The wire is something out of a horror movie. It's a wire with these prongs that go in between each bracket. The prongs hold the elastics that hold your teeth to your face after surgery. I understand what that means in words but seeing it in photos is just a whole new level of awful for me.
I showed my husband the pictures and he gleefully said, "you'll be like jaws from the James Bond movies!" Great. Just fantastic. Can't wait.

EDIT: Here's a picture to show just how horrifying this is gunna be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment